A proposal essay introduces an idea and provides evidence intended to prove to the audience why that idea is good or bad. Always mention why choice of the proposal is worth your readers attention. Always explore the proposal topics and enlighten the reader what methods and tools you will use.
How to Write a Proposal Essay
Before writing your proposal you need to do the following things. Of importance always choose a topic that you like.
Be acquainted with your audience
Be reminded that a proposal essay needs to convince a reader that your concept is worth is pursuing. Who are you writing for? Is it the government, business men or academics? This are the questions you put in place, as how you write a proposal for the government is not same as how you would do for a business man.
Examine critically your source
A secondary source can go a long way in persuading your audience. More time should be given to this step for research so as give credible content on your proposal.
Brainstorm on excellent ideas. Outline them on how you would like them organized.
Never turn in a first draft, this three words should be followed to the letter. Revise, revise and revise.
Main Parts of a Proposal Essay
Your reader needs to know the history of your proposal; if any. Importantly in the introduction your reader should be given a reason why they need to care about the topic you are presenting. Typical a proposal is to solve a problem.Let your audience articulate early the solution you will bring so that they may be glued to the proposal essay.
No essay is complete without having a statement of purpose. Make the section brief by discussing the proposition only.
Plan of Action
What will you articulate in the essay to show your reader that you are prepared? This is where you go into details about how your proposal will be executed.
Three things fall into play in this section.
Convince You need to satisfy your audience that you are the better placed person to carry out the proposal.
- Detail Show in depth how the process will work. Please note not to be overly technical with your words at this point so as not lose the reader’s attention.
- Anticipate At this point it is good to prepare your reader for potential implementation. Articulate any stumbling block it is prudent for your reader to know if any.
Viability of the Proposal
This is the point you draw the attention of the audience to similar projects which have worked. If you don’t have an example, this is the point you articulate the points you know your reader wants to hear. Remember be factual.
Your readers will acknowledge the sense that you well prepared the proposal and you know what your are doing.
Restate each section of your essay with subtle wording which doesn’t show repetition.
Cite your sources appropriately.
List of 100 proposal Essay Topics by Subject
- In Vitro fertilization comes with it challenges like a higher chance of birth defects. Should parents couples just adopt?
- Have incurable diseases gotten a breakthrough in treatment by way of therapeutic cloning? Is this method really ethical?
- Should antidepressants be limited or banned? As they contribute to suicidal tendencies?
- Can some people with some traits be barred from having children?
- India has been known for innovation in healthcare. Five heart surgeries in a day is very uncommon in other parts of the world. How does India do it?
- Is the American Health Care system stable? Or there is deem of collapsing?
- Is hospital acquired pressure ulcers common? How can it be prevented?
- Why do people travel to other countries for treatment? Especially from Africa?
- Why are health costs so high? What can be done to lower this to make it affordable to the common citizen?
- Should alternative medicine be covered by insurance?
Check out: persuasive essay topics
- Benefits of independence in children? How can we encourage more of it?
- Should elementary school pupils be allowed to have mobile phones?
- The influence of the notebook computer in the learning environment. Should all schools be it private or public have this digital learning aids?
- Will remunerating the teachers well, prevent qualified teachers from leaving the profession?
- What measures should the government take to ensure parental involvement in a child’s education?
- Is it prudent to allow students to fail? The best known inventors were known to fail many times in their innovation quest?
- Should students with disability be blended in a traditional class? With use of new digital learning aid?
- Is aesthetic education needed for child development?
- What effects are there when moving schools to often for children?
- By criminalizing bullying in school, will instances reduce?
- Sports has been known to have discipline? Do you think it builds a long life character of discipline in students?
- Do statistical arguments in sports help?
- How can sports commentator bias be reduced on rooting for a particular team?
- Should baseball attire change from the raglan sleeve to a more modern type of sleeve?
- How sports brings people together.
- Is the world right to allow Qatar to ban alcohol consumption during the world cup?
- Should professional players be allowed to resign in the middle of a season playoff?
- Are sportsmen and women too superstitious?
- Should football teams change their names say after a decade?
- Will over reliance on sports technology change the performance output of athletes?
- How will technology bring about a globalised economy?
- Is digital learning encouraged throughout the world. How will third world countries benefit?
- What genetic information about your children is worth to share with them?
- Is controlling the brain with technology ethical?
- Are the technology changes in our libraries effective for students research?
- Has technology changed the quality of life?
- Is wireless technology more cost effective?
- Do you think teachers are over relying on technology in the US?
- Propose some of the greatest technological advances.
- Is technology advancing at a high rate and harming the society?
- What can be done about the culture of debt in the society. So much abuse of credit cards?
- Should there be a difference in your public image and your private self?
- Has globalisation affected the moral fiber of the communities?
- How should children adapt to parents divorce?
- Challenges of the multicultural family?
- Propose essential characteristics of an effective leader.
- Status symbol in the society. Does it really matter? Propose what matters.
- Propose traits of a good standing family in the community.
- What is the role of social media in shaping the society’s perception. What better ways can be embraced?
- Propose ways of accepting cultural diversity in our communities.
- Safe ways of renewable energy.
- Propose safer fuels for automobile.
- Hazards of nuclear waste disposal.
- Propose changes to avoid harsh climate change and extreme weather.
- Should technological methods of predicting flooding be used?
- Propose changes that can be done by the community around glaciers to avoid the melting.
- Methods of atmospheric controls to avoid harsh climate change.
- Propose ways the government can ensure non smokers never come into contact with second hand smoke.
- What is the best solution for the problematic plastic bags?
- How can countries embrace use of bicycles for short journeys?
- Should animals rights have a regulation?
- Should a dog which bites be put to death? Or should the owner be fined heftily?
- Should animals be banned in the entertainment industry, like the circus?
- A research organisation decided to end all targeted chimpanzee research. What is their other option?
- Should other animals be trained as service animals other than dogs?
- Should fur accessories be banned?
- What better way is there for cosmetics testing than using animals?
- Propose ways of reserving our rain forests so that our animals habitat may be undisturbed.
- Should endangered species be left in the wild or contained in zoos?
- Should we have those expensive designer bags and shoes made from animal’s skin banned?
- What is your proposal on neo colonialism
- Damages of misrepresentation.
- Should prostitutes be treated as victims or offenders?
- Propose relationship if any between domain names and trademarks.
- Propose changes in lease agreement in this technology advanced age.
- Propose moral and legal issues pertaining abortion.
- Considering the notion “sanctity of life” should assisted suicide be permitted?
- Should there be an Act giving the father adequate rights on issues of abortion?
- Propose ways for redress on clinical negligence.
- Propose ways to change government policies and incorporate more regulations in line with technological changes.
- Propose ways the government should protect small enterprises from economic challenges.
- What is the solution of unemployment among the youth?
- Propose on ways a business can lower its taxes legally.
- Does bankruptcy have to be an option?
- How should entrepreneurship be encouraged to the youth?
- Propose technological strategies to run a business.
- Importance of business plans.
- Propose ways in which a company can go green and save money.
- Propose on ways to stop child labour in country like China.
- Are tax deductions the only advantage a small business gets when they donate to charity?
- Is there a gene for homosexuality or there are other factors leading to this?
- Should designer babies be legalised? Propose other better ways.
- Are police databases effective? Propose better data management methods for the police department.
- Should some governments have a right to implement one child policy?
- Spanking has been on the controversy list of parenting, what better ways of disciplining children are there?
- How can we stop body shaming?
- Can the world be a better place for all?
- Should a couple have sex before marriage?
- Hitler was he a monster or a patriot? Propose ways in which the world can avoid “Hitlers” in future.
- How to deal with overpopulation.
Stuck with your proposal? Use our buy college essay service
Guidelines on Writing a Research Proposal
Writing a research proposal is rightfully considered as one of the most complex tasks and requires mastery of multiple skills. It is a paper, which aims to deliver a brief information on the research you want to conduct, explaining the main reasons why it will be useful for the reader and for the society. A correct research proposal should contain:
- the main idea of the paper;
- reasons why the research should be conducted;
- used methodology.
You should give an overview of your studies and interest others to go on reading. A research paper is usually the first step for students to get funding for their project, so it is crucial to create a thoughtful and deep paper.
You should pay attention to the common mistakes and use a research proposal template if needed in order to avoid them. First, you need to be precise and perform a clear vision of what you are going to describe (provide a clear idea, time, place and so on). You should always stay focused on the problem, avoiding too many details on minor issues. You shouldn’t forget about correcting any grammar or lexical mistakes, which will definitely spoil the overall impression. Finally, you should pay careful attention to citing other works in your study to show that you have conducted a thoughtful research and know the subject perfectly.
In this article, we will give you an overview of how to write a proposal for a research paper and make it stand out from the rest.
Order an Exclusive Paper of Top Standard
100% Originality Assured. Only Qualified Specialists
Research Proposal Example and Sample
Most of the students struggle to find information on how to write a research proposal and spend lots of money when hiring others to complete the task. Using a proposal sample can be of a great help for those, who want to create a research paper on their own but don’t know where to start.
A previously downloaded template can greatly help any student and give an overall information on such aspects like:
- Format of the paper. You will be able to get information on the structure not to miss any important section;
- Learn more about the most important parts, which can be easily skipped when not knowing about the most catchy sections;
- Avoid the mistakes that were previously made.
Using proposal examples is a great way to learn from someone else’s experience and create an outstanding powerful proposal.
Research Proposal Outline
It is impossible to conduct a thorough paper without using a sample research proposal. It will greatly help you to shape your research and give its readers the best impression.
Research Proposal Examples
Research Proposal Format
Research Proposal Outline
Research Proposal Sample
Research Proposal Template
A research proposal format consists of six main parts:
- Introduction. It is should be both brief and catchy. You need to grab reader’s interest and make him go on reading. In this section you should describe the main problem you are going to work on, the methodology and the importance of your research to persuade the reader that the results of the study may be useful;
- Background. In this section, you should give a more detailed overview of the problem. It is not an essay, so you should follow a clear structure and use a research paper example if needed. In this part you should give more details about the aim of your study, explain why it is worth completing, enumerate the main problems you want to face and offer a brief plan of your future research;
- Review of the sources. This section is usually very difficult to complete, as it contains lots of information and you need to structure it thoughtfully. A research proposal outline can be of a great use to see how you need to process the literature in order to make the whole structure clear and simple. Here you need to show that there are researches, based on your field of interest but they lack the data you are going to perform;
- Research methods. This section is very important, because you need to provide effective methods that will be used in your research study. Try to list methods that were not previously used by other researches and order new research design, based on literature overview;
- Assumptions and consequences. Even though it is a proposal and not a research proposal sample, it doesn’t mean that you should avoid describing the results of the project. In this section you need to clarify what impact will your study have, what are the suggestions and potential changes in the field. You should also give information how it will influence the lives of others and how the results will be used;
- Conclusion. This section should be brief and straight to the point. You need to emphasize why your research is important and why it should be done. You should also write a few sentences on the potential field of its implementation and why people will benefit from it.
We hope, that with the help of this data you will be able to interest the reader and be able to create a deep and thoughtful research paper.